Monday, December 15, 2003

Not a bad weekend -- just picked up our Christmas tree, although we can't find most of the ornaments, lights, and whatnot we must have lying around the place. Fired up the Bing Crosby and Andrews Sisters tunes, cracked open the 7th or 8th gallon of nog this season, and played with the dog. And earlier, I took FrankenMetro for a spin, and it didn't even leave me stranded in the turning lane like it did last time.

And we got our first DVD player, at long last. And we went to Sullivan's and ate a nice New York strip three tables away from Arizona basketball coach Lute Olsen. And fixed my computer and maybe somebody else's computer and both of my cars and went Christmas shopping and toured a military junkyard (with Vietnam-era transport chopper -- Janine was seeing it as a refurbished playhouse for our eventual kids. I was too -- tie some swings to the rotors and make a really cool carnival ride out of it. Lots of fun until it reaches full speed and slings your kids into the next county).

Tomorrow is Begging Day -- must call around to find out if anyone needs a research assistant, so I can afford to take Pre-Med classes at the U next semester. I think this whole process is going to be somewhat like becoming a parent. No one in their right mind would actually undertake such a thing if they knew what they were getting into.

I'm sleepy. I'm going to sleep. Kudos to the L-K's on their new place. May your neighbors be as interesting as they really should be.

No comments: