Sunday, February 13, 2005

And we're back.

Sorry for the silence and all, but for some reason I've been feeling a bit non-verbal for the past few weeks. There has been quite a lot brewing, and I've been taking some time to process it all before I go spewing it all over the internet and such. Don't tell me you haven't been catching all of my psychic memoranda, though -- if not, put your fingers to your temples and sign up for the mailing list.

I'll start with the latest and work backwards and forwards over the next few days -- unfortuantely, I've only got a few minutes before my bedtime. Currently, I'm waiting for a response from the archaeology firm I'm working with right now. A tentative offer was made for mid-term (2 years) employment in Phoenix, and I'm anxious to learn what sort of position they see me filling before I consider perhaps delaying my Eastward plans for a short while (relatively) and lord it over a few other greenie archaeologists. Part of me hopes they make me a killer deal and Janine and I wind up in Phoenix (good pizza, bad traffic, good airfare deals, hellish summers) as soon as next month; part of me hopes they don't offer me anything I couldn't as easily get around here and I'm back to planning my Eastwardly exodus.

Either way, I should be seeing more of those back in the Eastern parts -- I'll be in my old stomping grounds of Baltimore at the end of April/beginning of May (I HAVE the tickets, and I WILL be there), and I'm hoping Dan & Stacy aren't going to be in Fiji at that time. I've got a few other trips scheduled for the Spring, including, I hope, my cousin's wedding. AND Heather may be swinging through the Southwest on her prospective spiritual awakening at the end of this month. Shaping up to be a decent year so far for me -- 10 years ago, I met Janine. A decade later, fate's going to have to do something brilliant for an encore.

And watch this space for an upcoming true confession!

No comments: