Friday, March 14, 2003

Hmmm... there are just some things you don't want to get into at 10:22 at night, right before you have to go to bed because you have to get up at whatever freakin' hour of the morning that would make roosters shake their head in pity and compassion. OK, so we'll just leave it at the funniest thing I've seen today -- this involves my basset hound, as it often does (sickeningly, acknowledged). My dog is being fay and swooning in the arms of Janine, who sits cradling him. And, of course, the one word that comes automatically into my head is "Pieta." Janine is the Virgin Mary and my basset hound is Jesus Christ with floppy ears, whining and sighing, as I'm sure Jesus himself did, having just been crucified. Then he (sorry: He) looks up at me with those huge, "I got mine" eyes and I feel sublime.

No comments: