Wednesday, March 26, 2003

Just got a supremely cool graduation gift from my Dad (arrived yesterday, actually, and I spent most of the rest of the day playing with it and bending it to my will) -- a Sony Clie PEG-NX70V handheld computer. Organizer, digital camera, voice recorder, datebook, address keeper, etc etc etc, plus (with additional memory) an MP3 player and video camera. And probably gobs of other functions that I haven't discovered yet. The only thing I'm worried about is junking the thing up, as most of my earthly possessions tend to get. My old Visor still works well, and has been a faithful companion for over a year, but part of the nifty blue plastic molding has snapped, and is hanging off one side of the screen. The ersatz vinyl screen covering I fashioned (in lieu of the $25 kevlar space fabric or whatever the hell it is) is looking ratty, and the whole deal looks like some grizzled bum should be tapping "8:00 am: drink self into oblivion" into the datebook.

So now everything's jake. Especially with the Vicodin. Ahhhh.

No comments: