Tuesday, April 15, 2003

The day is upon me, ladies and gentlemen -- less than three hours to go before a panel of seemingly well-meaning and beneficent professors sits me down and asks me any questions they want, weighing my answers against the profundity of the discipline and the integrity of the anthropology department. No easy pass for you, not from this school. How does your thesis bear out the intellectual legacy of Franz Boas? Do you believe your interpretation of archaeological praxis sides more with the philosophies of Max Ernst or Anton LaVey? Who the hell do you think you are? ARE YOU LOOKIN' AT ME?!

Anyway, thanks for the well-wishing from those of you who wished me well. I'll be back in a few hours to let you know how it went. Until then, I'll be sitting here, wide-eyed, whistling "Toot-Toot-Tootsie" to myself through my clenched teeth.

No comments: