Thursday, December 09, 2004

Only one today:

The William and Mary Center for Archaeological Research is seeking qualified archaeological field technicians for upcoming field projects in Virginia. This is full-time work on a project-by-project basis. Some of the work is local and any non-local work is completed on a Monday through Friday schedule, requiring crew to arrange their own accommodations within commuting distance. Preference given to those with experience in Virginia. Lodging and per diem is provided for weeknights, however, for projects located beyond an hour's drive from Williamsburg, Va. Starting pay for field technicians is $9.50-$11.00/hour, depending on experience. If interested, please email or fax a message of interest and availability with a resume and references to: Joe B. Jones email: jbjone@wm.edu fax: 757-221-2564

Dear Mr. Jones,

I'm an archaeologist currently living in Tucson, Arizona; however, I'm planning on moving back East soon, and am very interested in the position you mention on ArchaeologyFieldwork.com. I received a Master's degree from the University of Arizona last year, and I've got several years experience excavating in Arizona and California. I have a good deal of knowledge and some experience with archaeology of the Eastern U.S., having attended a historical field school on the Fordham University campus in the Bronx, and having taken graduate-level classes on the region here in Tucson.

Please let me know if I may be of service to you. I've attached my CV, and can provide further information and references if needed.

Thanks very much,

Andrew Bockhorst


Tomorrow, I'll be applying for a position with the Ottery Group in Silver Springs, Maryland. I'll have to ask Dan to appeal to his spirit animal for his assistance on my behalf...

No comments: